PEOPLE FOR PROSPERITY is for common sense.
We want you to know the GOOD NEWS - Las Cruces is Thriving!
- The City of Las Cruces has experienced a moderate 3% growth rate, at or below the national average1
- Philanthropic generosity is at an all-time high. For example, witness the recent Aggies Are Tough Enough to Wear Pink Campaign, Cowboys for Cancer, Sandra B. McGrath Burger Time Golf Tournament and Mesilla Valley Hospice
- 1400+ high-tech and manufacturing jobs have been added to the Las Cruces economy3
- Fire and safety infrastructure has been enhanced with the addition of needed equipment and a $28 million dollar increase in the safety budget3
- Mulitple years of city budget surplus4
We’re thriving. We’re PROSPERING and we’re proud of it! Not too many years ago, Doña Ana County was listed as one of the poorest counties in the country. Unemployment was over 10%.2 Wage growth was modest.
Today, with unemployment near 7%2, more people are working and earning higher wages5 than ever before……AND WE CAN DO BETTER!!
PEOPLE FOR PROSPERITY has been established to preserve and support prosperity in Las Cruces and Doña Ana County through public education and awareness of the advantages of a healthy, vibrant, and prosperous economic environment.
1 U.S. Census Bureau. 2 U.S. Department of Labor Bureau Statistics. 3 Mesilla Valley Economic Development Alliance. 4 City of Las Cruces. 5 New Mexico Taxation.